Saturday, September 20, 2014

Past Due You

That furrow in your brow, that fake smile on your face;
Something must be wrong, something's out of place.

You just don't seem the same. Something's not quite right.
Something must be missing in the air tonight.

Or could it be-- could it just be me?
Could it be? Could it just be me?

Even how you look at me with those eyes--
Something looks different-- Almost not as bright.

Have you lost your hope, my dear? Have you lost your sight?
If you need me, I'm right here. I'll be by your side.

Then again, I might be wrong... 
But from what I see you're mostly gone.
So, then again, I must be right... 
And in that case, I'll help you fight.

Fight for the right to find the real you. 
Despite our lack of time, you need to tell yourself the whole truth.

No more of this trying to hide. Its past due time for you to fly.
And if I leave you'll be alright.
I'll do anything to help you try.




No comments :

Post a Comment